Zerodha is the biggest discount broker in India with over 5+ lakhs customers. It has a daily turnover of over Rs. 9,000 Crores on NSE, BSE, MCX, and MCX-SX. The charges offered by Zerodha are nominal and the trading platform provided by it is also decent. It charges brokerage of 0.01% or Rs 20 per executed order, whichever is lower, irrespective of a number of shares or their prices.
Why should you choose Zerodha?
- Over 3,00,000 happy customers, averaging a daily turnover of over Rs. 9,000 crores.
- Rs 0 (FREE) for equity delivery trades and Rs 20 or 0.01% whichever is lower per executed order for everything else.
- Average exchange margin utilization of 55% vs. industry average of 70% lower risk.
- 300+ dedicated support team to ensure the fastest turnaround time for your queries via email or phone
- Trading, charting, and analysis, all rolled into one next-generation desktop platform Pi.
- Minimalistic, intuitive, responsive web-based and mobile application trading platform Kite.
- Same pricing for across all exchanges.
- No upfront fee or turnover commitment.
Below are the necessary documents to open Demat and Trading accounts. I will advise you to keep a scan copy of all these documents before opening an account.
- Aadhar Card
- PAN CARD
- 2 Passport size photos
- Canceled cheque / Saving bank account passbook
Zerodha account opening charges.
Demat and trading account for only Equity: 300 Rupees.
Commodity account: 200 Rupees.
If you want to open in both account, you will have to pay 500 Rupees.
Read more here: Click here
How to open a Demat and trading account online.
To get started on opening an account online, please visit Zerodha and enter your full name, mobile number and Email ID to sign up.
Step 1: Fill basic details and click to continue to sign up.
Step 2: Enter Pan Card and Aadhar Card details.
Step 3: Pay account opening charges.
Step 5: Upload the Cancelled cheque/Bank statement to verify your saving account details.
Step 6: E-Sign with Aadhar number. You OTP received on your Aadhar Card registered mobile number.
Step 7: Now! You will receive the completely filled application form and other details on your registered email address.
STEP 9: Next, you will receive your CLIENT-ID and Password after a day of registration with the instructions on how to log in.
STEP 10: In the same email, you will receive documents on Power of Attorney (POA) and nomination (in case you want to make a nominee for your account). You need to take the print out of the documents, fill it and send it to the following address.
Note: – If you face any difficulties while opening an account online, you could contact your Sales Manager or alternatively call us on – 080 4913 2020.